Friday, February 10, 2012

Unrequited


I painted this intimate scene to fit the last frame I had. This small series of "Baroque Portraits" will be exhibited in a weeks time at the Zichy Palace in Győr, during a very frivolous Baroque themed Costume Ball. I myself will be set up in one of the palace rooms, in an extravagant gown, painting delicate portraits during the evening. 

I’ve always loved this era, and am a huge admirer of the "Marie Antoinette Cult" (I don't know what else to call it!). Imagery of decadence and carnal frivolity, contrasted with pastel prints and refined etiquette... I’m glad this Baroque Ball has lent me the excuse to engage in my fantasies for a little bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx