Friday, January 28, 2011

Gossamer Haze

Have you ever... and I mean EVER seen me upload three drawings in two days?
Let alone an A4 sized piece?! (all the others are just A5 :-)



In all honesty I wasn't sure if this one was finished-finished... but I liked the hazy pastel softness, like a setting sun tinging the landscape with a bruised golden light.

I had imagined this one to be much more defined, but unfortunately when the bottle of liquid masking fluid tells you to not leave it on the paper for more than 24 hours, it should also say to REALLY not leave it on there for six months...... ooops.

Another long awaited piece finally completed. I'm slowly getting there. And after visiting the Norman Lindsay Gallery today, I know what my next challenge will be..... bigger artworks. Much bigger........

1 comment:

  1. dear goodness.. I adore this piece. Really. In love with it. So much. *stares*

    (I got my postcard and cameo print! Thanks so much! *hugs!*)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx