Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mi Wo Same - The Last Look

Mi wo same - in Japanese: The Last Look, the final image to be burned into your memory before a parting...




I started this piece this time last week, then much to my chagrin, just as I was about to have 5 glorious days off in a row because of Easter, and was preparing to spend them pursuing art and creativity, I fell quite ill. I spent all 5 days, and two more after that, in bed. I haven't had that many days off in a row in a long long time. I was, and still am, very annoyed at this wasted opportunity.

anyway.... I was glad to finish her today. I've seen the preview of the invite for the group show, and I'm excited :-)

I originally wanted to find a nice frenchy sounding name for "The Last Look", as if she was quickly taking a last glimpse of herself before she heads out. My partner told me the Japanese term for it, with a slightly different connotation - a last look before a parting. I thought that fit nicely here, a bit of mystery...


4 comments:

  1. Aww Mandy looks gorgeous!! You have to do another one of me! Please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just loving your shading, your technique has really evolved into something new i feel, beautiful!

    how annoying is that, getting ill when you have free days!

    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constructive criticism... Her head is very large in proportion to her body, even allowing for stylism. The reflection seems rushed. It's a shame the line by her jaw is so dark. The dress and the details are nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx