Thursday, December 10, 2009

Summer Days....

I adore those days off when I don't get a single thing done that's vital to the necessary function of living (like laundry, or vacuuming) but get to indulge in enjoying the summer weather, friends, and art.

My artist friend Marie came over to keep me company and gather source material for her new series of paintings. It was nice to not to find myself tucked away inside with the lights on all alone, but out and about, re-aquainting myself with the sun and society.

Being in the fantastic mood I was in, I allowed myself to fall prey to the temptation of buying a beautiful art book...



While I'm on the topic of inspirational material, these ladies voices are sometimes all I need to get me itching for a pen and paper. While I realise that probably every second girl in the world (and their little dogs too) is a die-hard Joanna fan, I can't help it. I adore her voice. I adore the pictures and characters that come to mind when her quivering voice is playing in the background...



But best of all, my newest obsession in life.. is wood-wick. I'm telling you, it's changing my life, or at the very least, it's changing evenings at my drawing table.
I recived this amazing candle in the post from all the way in America (thank-you schmooks!) It's name pretty much explains it all, it has a wooden wick. So what's the fuss?

It crackles.

It crackles. Like a fire. Surrounded by my little foresty muses, all I have to do is close my eyes and I can almost convince myself I'm in a log cabin in the middle of the endless green woods....



To finish a lovely day, we finished framing my latest aquisition, a beautiful art piece by Lisa Falzon (Meluseena) just before I went to bed...



2 comments:

  1. oh, oh ! i want that book too !!!!! i must write a new letter to Santa.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous book, I strongly recommend it! The smaller one is absolutely amazing too, sadly however... it's written entirely in Japanese!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx