Monday, September 28, 2009

The Silence of Me

I have been very quiet lately. An update of my activities is in order!

 I admit it, since the exhibition I have not drawn. Anything! But I am beginning to feel the break is too long now, a desire to create is causing me restlessness.

I do have a project I will be starting on today. Every year, the Art University I graduated from invites selected artists to paint on a hand-made ceramic plate. The plates are then auctioned off to raise money for the school. This will be my second year to participate, and I'm thrilled to have been invited back : )
I can't show any previews... it is pretty boring so far, a blank white circle! But here are some progress shots from the plate I created last year for the auction:



3 comments:

  1. These are stunning, you are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really lovely! Must be challenging to fill a round shape like that, but this one is just perfect. Can't wait to see what you create for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose Harvest - I am so guilty, I must contact you soon about sending you some originals to sell in your romantic little boutique!

    Paiva - I like working in unconventionally shaped "frames" - I am a huge fan of the victorian look to composing something in an oval!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx